A swimming pool cover is a vital accessory to the swimming pools. Without covering them, it becomes unfeasible to maintain the pool’s cleanliness and enjoy swimming with family & pets. But, when it comes to pool covers, there is a vast range of options.
So, in this blog post, we will focus on the Thermal Blanket Cover for Pools. This pool safety cover regulates the temperature, reduces water evaporation, and resists chemical, mildew, or UV damage. Accordingly, these thermal pool covers have multiple uses and benefits.
Designer Pool Covers, our South Africa-based company, deals in swimming pool covers and pool maintenance services. Our team has been designing pool covers for ten years and has many satisfied clients. We also offer thermal blanket pool covers. Look through our selection of pool products to find more details.
What are Thermal Blanket Pool covers?
Thermal Pool covers retain heat within a pool. They get made of a thick insulating material with some extra accessories. The purpose of these pool covers is to sustain a warm temperature inside the swimming pool.
In addition to temperature maintenance, these pool covers reduce water evaporation, conserve clean water, and minimize the need for frequent refilling.
What is the composition of Thermal Blanket Pool covers?
Thermal Blanket Versus Solar Pool Covers
Many people get confused between these two types of pool covers. However, the following are some differences between these two types:
- Thermal blanket pool covers get made of a heavy material that traps the heat. On the other hand, solar pool covers get composed of a translucent material that allows the sunlight to penetrate the pool water.
- Thermal blanket pool covers are tightly fixed above the pool surface, while solar pool covers float on the water’s surface.
- Thermal pool covers are more efficient in retaining heat than solar covers because of their thick composition.
- Thermal Blanket covers are far more durable than solar covers. On the contrary, solar pool covers are more prone to adverse environmental conditions.
The benefits of Thermal Blanket Pool covers
The purpose of a thermal pool cover is to retain the heat and maintain the water temperature in a swimming pool. Despite this, there are plenty of other benefits of these pool covers.
The water in your pool does not stay at the same temperature. Also, if you live in colder areas, you insulate your swimming pool regularly to attain a moderate swimming temperature.
A thermal blanket pool cover gets made of a thick and heat-resistant material such as Polyethylene and Vinyl. On top of that, these pool covers can get accessorized with coatings and adhesives that make them more heat-retaining. So, a thermal blanket pool cover maintains the pool temperature and considerably extends the swimming season.
As Environmentally conscious individuals, everyone tries their best to protect natural resources. Water is the most vital resource for living beings and should get saved at every cost. A thermal pool cover can help you with this purpose.
As we wrote above, this type of pool cover is thick in composition. So, along with heat retention, it also helps you to conserve water. It reduces water evaporation because the air does not penetrate through its material.
In addition, it keeps the water clean and reduces the need for frequent pool refilling. So, you get to conserve water if you get this cover for your pool. Check these pool covers on our website and get your thermal pool cover today.
Pool Cleanliness & Protection
These pool covers are super thick and do not allow dirt & debris to enter the pool. So, your swimming pool stays clean – saving time and energy that usually get spent on maintaining the pool’s sanitation and decontamination. In addition, this aspect also helps with water conservation. Therefore, you get multiple benefits with this pool cover.
Despite the hygiene factor, the thermal blanket pool covers can also serve as protective covers for your pool in various ways, for example – these covers protect the pool equipment from environmental factors, resists UV rays penetration in the water, and can be used as safety covers for your children & pets.
A thermal pool cover can help you save a significant sum of money in the following ways:
- Thermal pool covers keep the water clean and decrease the need for frequent refilling. Ultimately, you save money because you have to pay less for the water bills.
- These pool covers trap the heat and maintains the temperature without extra heat-retaining equipment. So, you do not spend extra money on these things and save the expense in the long run.
- Thermal blanket pool covers also reduce the cost of chemicals because of reduced water evaporation. If less water evaporates through the pool surface, the chemical evaporation also reduces, lessening the need for reapplication.
- Considering the benefits listed above, it is apparent that the general lifespan of your pool gets improved by using a thermal pool cover. So, if you analyze the pool maintenance cost in the long run, you save a lot of money.
What are some things to consider before buying a Thermal Blanket Pool cover?
How well does thermal pool covers work?
Thermal pool covers are available in many types according to composition, design, and other factors. However, if you buy a thermal blanket pool cover after careful consideration of your requirements, your pool cover will perform the best. Its performance also depends on the price factor. Thus, the more you spend, the better the quality.
What is the cheapest way to cover a pool with a thermal Blanket?
Following are some tips on how you can get a cheap thermal blanket pool cover:
- Get a standard-sized cover instead of a customized pool cover because it is less expensive.
- Before buying a thermal cover, examine your pool cover needs to avoid a wrong purchase. This way, you will spend your money on the right product.
- Buy a basic designed thermal pool cover & without the extra accessories like additional UV protection coatings and reinforced edges.
- Purchase a thermal pool cover in the off-season because you may get discounts this way.
What is the best way to cover a pool with a thermal Blanket?
Following are tips on how to cover your pool with a thermal blanket in the best possible way:
- Measure the dimensions of your swimming pool and trim the pool cover to cover the entire pool surface.
- Clean your pool before covering it with a thermal blanket.
- Place the pool cover so that the bubble side faces the pool water. Doing so will retain more heat and may function more efficiently.
- Secure the pool cover with anchors & cover reels.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Thermal Blanket Cover for My Swimming Pool?
Using a thermal blanket cover for your swimming pool offers numerous benefits. Firstly, it helps to conserve energy by preventing heat loss and reducing the need for excessive heating. Secondly, it minimizes water evaporation, which helps in water conservation and reducing chemical usage. Lastly, choosing the right cover is crucial, so here are some swimming pool cover buying tips: consider durability, size compatibility, insulation properties, and ease of use.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Thermal Blanket Cover for Pools?
When it comes to pool maintenance, a solid pool cover is necessary. A thermal blanket cover offers numerous benefits. Firstly, it helps to reduce evaporation, preventing valuable water loss. Secondly, it helps to retain heat and increase the pool’s temperature, allowing for comfortable swimming even during cooler days. Lastly, it acts as a barrier, keeping debris, leaves, and insects out of the pool, maintaining its cleanliness. Invest in a thermal blanket cover today and enjoy these incredible advantages.
Thus, in light of all the information, we would say that if you are looking for a pool cover that carries out multiple functions like safety, maintenance, and resistance to harsh environmental factors, get your pool a thermal blanket cover because it is capable of accomplishing all these objectives.
At Designer Pool Covers, we provide the best pool covers in South Africa. We have been in this industry for ten years, and since then, we have gained many happy customers. Visit our products section and resources to discover further details about us.